Dog dies suddenly after common mistake – now all dog owners being warned about hidden danger

advertisement

We often browse the internet to escape everyday life. Funny stories and clips that show wonderful cats and dogs — it’s entertainment that pleasures the mind.

But we also need these kinds of stories.

The goal is not to get sad — but rather to help us keep our pets safe and healthy.

Unfortunately, for this dog owner, a mistake at home turned fatal, and she was forced to take goodbye by her best friend far too soon.

Christina Young’s beloved dog Petey died after a “mistake” that most of us have made — and continue to make in our homes — every day.

Now that she realizes how easily it can be prevented, she’s keen on warning all pet owners.

doggo1-42

When Christina came home one day, she expected to greet her dog Petey as usual. He always ran towards her her, waving his tail — anxious to cuddle and play.

But instead she came home to a quiet house and her boyfriend, Christian, gave her devastating news.

“As [Christian] walked in further he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs…which made the bag tighter and tighter with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the bag tighter & tighter around his head.. ultimately resulting in suffocation.”

deam12

Happens more often than you can think

Christina could not understand how this could happen. Why didn’t Petey just remove the chip bag from his head with his paws? He was an extremely clever dog.

After doing some investigation, she discovered what few are aware of — that pets are suffocated by bags more often than we think.

86 Shares
Smiley face Click
for daily cuteness
What do you think?